The founder of “The Beat 99.9 FM” and “The Truth
With Olisa”, Olisa Adibua was born in Lagos,
Nigeria. He is a Nigerian TV and radio personality,
media consultant and TV show host. He is the co-
founder of Storm Records and has also played a
vital role in media campaigns like Big Brother Africa
and Apprentice Africa. There is no doubt that he is
one of the most respected and in demand radio
and television executive producer and presenter on
the African continent.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about
the Nigerian most respected radio personality,
1. Olisa Adibua was born in Lagos, Nigeria.
2. He has been at the cutting of African electronic
media and entertainment since 1988 with more than
25 years experience in television, radio, film, and
3. He commenced as an independent producer,
presenter and director on NTA magazine
programmes such as “Tops of the Pops” and
4. He was also an independent producer and
director on Pioneer private TV station “Clapperboard
5. He is the co-founder of Storm Records and also
played an important role for media campaigns like
Coco-Cola Soul with Sprite, Guinness Nigeria
Gordon’s Spark Launch: Sean Paul tour, Blackgold
concert tour with Wyclef Jean, Urban Spark night
with Gordon’s Spark.
6. From 1998 to 2008, he was the host of “Drive-
time show” on Cool FM.
7. In 2009, he launched the current No. 1 radio
station in Nigeria “The Beat 99.9 FM” where he is
the current host of the Morning Rush show and the
8. He signed a endorsement deal with
telecommunications giant, Globacom in 2013.
9. He launched his YouTube Channel, “The Truth
With Olisa” in August 2014, where he interviewed
prominent names like Genevieve Nnaji, D’banj,
Wizkid, Ice Prince, Davido, PSquare, Ali-Baba, Dj
Jimmy Jatt and Olamide to name a few.
10. He also launched his blog in January 2015.